Toronto Headshot Photography
Headshot Photography & Graphic Design for Actors and Business Professionals
| Great Photos are
an integral part of your Public Career Strategy
Jules Design produces Headshot Photography for Actors and Business Professionals. We produce the visuals aids to market human brands.
Portraits for Business Professionals
We customize business portraits for personal promotion, and marketing use.
We will prepare your image for use in newspaper print, web, billboards, LinkedIn profiles, etc.
Headshots to Market your Brand
Our approach to headshot photography is to portray your personal brand in a picture.
Upon payment in full and project completion, you will own the image copyrights. We will also supply you the image files via web download or DVD subject to your package choice*.
Headshots for Actors + Performers
We produce Comp Cards. Comp-Cards have many interchangeable names such as Z Cards, Composite Cards, Zed Cards or Sed Cards.
Acting professionals use Composite Cards as marketing tool as part of their resumes. Jules Design offers graphic design services to layout your Z Cards to include multiple images to present your "various looks".
Toronto Corporate & Business Portraits
$299* In-Studio Service
On-location Toronto headshot service available
· In-Studio Photography at DVP & Eglinton
· We shoot about 100+/- photos;
Or as many as possible
within 1 hour + 1/2 hour prep time
· You pick the best 30 photographs
Jules Design will colour correct and crop the images to make you look great!
These images will be usable for LinkedIn profiles, business cards, web design, etc...
· For Actors: Compcard Design
Of the 30 photos, pick 3 to 4 images to create one customized Compcard (see samples on this page)
- Of these 4 images we will apply 5 Photoshops heals per image
- Heavy Photoshop retouching available at $30 per image.
·For Business Professionals:
Of the 30 photos, pick 5 images for masking. We will Photoshop your portrait to remove the background.
- Of these 5 images we will apply 5 Photoshops heals per image
- Heavy Photoshop retouching available at $30 per image.
· Images shot at 24 to 36 Megapixels!
High resolution, Colour Accurate Natural Skin Tones
· Approximate turn-around time:
5 business days (usually 5 days)
· Prints Extra
· On-Site Service Available
Please call for a quotation
Headshots for Marketing, LinkedIn and Business Profiles
Toronto Kids & Actor Headshot Photography
Custom Comp-Card Design for Children and Professional Actors
|Preparing for Headshots
- Do a dress rehearsal at home in front of a mirror. Make sure your images represent you in a way that reflects your desired image.
- Drink lots of water and be well rested (so your eyes will not have dark circles).
- Arrive on time or arrive early. Arriving about 10 minutes early is nice
- Arrive hair styled and makeup already applied (if not using makeup artist).
What to wear:
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and that make you look great
- Don't overdress; avoid logos or branding
- A simple solid colour (white, black coloured) shirt, blouse, dress is often a good option
- Darker clothes attract less attention and put the attention on your face and eyes
- Avoid patterns and large lines or stripes
- No glitter
- Blue/green/turquoise clothing can help emphasize blue/green/hazel eyes
- A suit or jacket are great for a more professional look
- Clothes should be neatly pressed and should look new or like new
- For multiple looks, bring a variety of clothing that emphasizes different roles/characters (professional, blue-collar worker, intellectual, sexy, etc...)
- Pay attention to details: layers, ties, belts etc
- Different necklines will change the apparent shape of your face. Bring a variety different shirts/blouses to see what works best
- Turtlenecks are almost always a bad idea (since they crowd the face)
- Don't worry about shoes too much unless you specifically want a full-length look
- For best results, use anti-reflective glasses; otherwise reflections will show up in the photos
Hair and Makeup Tips:
- Make-up should be clean and natural
- Wear translucent powder to remove shine from your face (we have some in-studio)
- Avoid frosts or garish colours
- Do not try or use any new product on your hair, face or body the day before or few days before your shoot
- If you are under 16-years old, the only makeup you need is lip balm or lip-gloss
- The camera catches everything; so be sure to pluck your nose hairs!
- Women: Verify that you do not have any trace of a moustache
|More about Headshot Photography for Actors and Performers...|
You and Your Headshots
Casting Directors use headshots to get a feel for an Actor's type. The headshot should embrace your best qualities. Don’t dress or use make-up that covers your true nature; let the shot be true to you. And by all means, get new headshots if your look changes drastically and/or after a few years have passed. Misrepresenting yourself will only lead to trouble later in auditions.
Remember, headshots are not glamour shots.
Consider attaching a small note to your headshot; it could gain you a few extra moments of the Casting Director's time. Although they are popular, do not use the envelopes with clear covers to ship your headshots. The idea behind these is that the Casting Director would not need to open your envelope to see your photo. Instead, She could throw away your picture before opening the content to read your resume.
The look should be natural, open, and compelling. Many times, Directors will judge you by your headshot; even before you are called to the audition! Let your photo speak for you and your abilities by being professional yet accessible.
Marketing your Headshots
Now that you have your Headshots, do not print many compcards as most Casting Agents now prefer digital files. If you need to print a copy, we can tell you where to do it (as required) inexpensively.
Prepare your resume and cover letter; then start shopping for an Agent. The first and best place to look for talent recruiters are the online directories. One place to look (among many) is the AACTIONS Directory.
With resume and headshot in hand, get out there and start meeting Agents; market yourself with passion. The more people you meet, the luckier you will be.
Before choosing the Agent, I suggest you call their office to qualify their operation. Ask the Agent how they like to receive prospective portfolios. A candid conversation may give you a sense of their professionalism, as well as the best way to work with their agency.
Be Nice. These people could potentially represent you - and you want them to like you.
Be Streetwise. Be leery of empty promises or of individuals trying to sell you registration or other photo services.
Plan to meet various Agents before you select one. Your Agent will be representing you, so be sure that you have an individual with a proven record of performance. Look for ways to substantiate the Agent's claims or credentials.
Meeting the Agent
When you have made a short list of potential Agents, make an in-person appointment. Face to Face selling is the most effective way to sell yourself. For the first meeting, arrive early and look good. As this person will be potentially representing you, you want to position yourself as dependable. At this meeting, you may encounter the Casting and Creative Director, Producer or Photographer- so be prepared!
Your Agent will also want to see how photogenic you are: so bring a few copies of your headshots. It is also a good idea to carry your images on a Smart Phone or USB stick. This enhances your ability to share your photos.
Your Acting Resume
Here are some things to include in the cover letter of your acting Resume:
Setting your expectations
- A very brief introduction stating who you are
- How you heard about their Agency
- Why you are writing to this Agency..." I would like to set up a meeting to discuss representation through your Agency"
- Request a return call or letter to schedule a personal interview
- A thank you for the time and consideration.
Just because you met the Casting Director, it does not mean that you will get work. Some Casting Agencies receive over 50 headshots and resumes a day.
After sending in your headshots, if you have not heard from the Agent in over a month, call the Agency to follow up. You may want to:
- Verify receipt of your resume
- Try to set up another appointment
- Resubmit your portfolio
- Cut Bait! Some Casting Agents are better or have more work than others!
After making your submission, you could receive a request for interview or a rejection letter. Some Agents will send you an information package, possibly including a contract. Either way, all businesses operate differently, therefore modulate your approach to market your talent with flexibility.
To get the Agent's attention, differentiate yourself;
but do it with taste.
Above all else, make yourself heard.
Forget the polished LinkedIn headshot; these portraits are for people who want cool pics for Facebook, Google+ or whatever. Social Media headshots by Jules Design are a celebration of our inner beauty and personality.
For more information on Cool Social Media Headshots
Contact Jules Marketing & Design Inc.
T: 647.997.2793 E: email@example.com
Toronto Headshot Photography · Toronto Business Portraits
for Actors, Authors, Adults and Kids
Toronto · Ontario · Canada · 647.997.2793 · firstname.lastname@example.org
Toronto Actor and Actress Portfolio Headshots
Jules Design Actor and Actress Headshot Photography is a portrait photography service for performing professionals. We are Toronto Comp Card Designers and Headshot Photographers who photograph individuals for acting resumes and acting portfolios. We produce interesting headshots to grab the attention of prospective Casting Directors and Producers. Related words to our offering include portraits, headshots, head-shots, Comp-Cards Toronto, actors, actress, photography, photographer, modeling, portfolio, resume, curriculum vitae, etc.
The cities we serve include Toronto, the GTA, Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Markham, Vaughn, and Richmond Hill and beyond and within Ontario Canada. Enjoy your next Toronto Actress Head-Shot Photography session with us. Relish your professional pictures as a keepsake or as part of your modeling headshots portfolio. Call us today for a free consultation at 647 997 2793 Toronto
Content Property of Jules Design Copyright 2014