This video is about the Best Product Photography Gear and Workflow (2018) that I can possibly recommend.
In this video, I will be talking about the product photography gear I use every day. After doing this professionally for over 10 years, this is the best photo gear I recommend for anyone looking to produce awesome product shots. Here, I will recommend equipment at a good price that produces favorable output. In addition, I will be discussing my photography processes, tips and hacks to get the most out of your equipment.
As color is important, my commercial photography workflow is a color-managed workflow. This means that I measure color for consistency and accuracy. In this video, I will demonstrate how I use grey cards, light meters and other techniques to produce correct hues in my product photos.
Finally, sourcing the best gear is not easy. As there are many competing photo tools on the market, here, I will recommend the items that yield the best results at the best price. My intent is to point to items that will yield the best value without being deficient or overkill. In the text below, I will provide links to the merchandise that I recommend.
I will outline what I find to be the best value in commercial photography equipment. This equipment includes: cameras, stands, photography tethering software, strobes, diffusers, monitors, photo tethering tools, photography tables, editing software and other techniques.
You really need to watch this; as a product photographer with over 10 years of industry experience, use my knowledge to reduce your mistakes, to save money and to yield better product shots. Stop overspending on your product photography gear!
RECOMMENDED CAMERAS & PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY LENS:
I am a big fan of Nikon because of the resolution, solid tough construction, dynamic range and product support. Here is the link to each:
- D810 : 36 Megapixels http://amzn.to/2GGGdPR
- D850: 46 Megapixel resolution: http://amzn.to/2EQ5Pxp
- 105 MM Nikon Macro Lens: http://amzn.to/2ormflm
CAMERA TO PC TETHERING SOFTWARE: Camera RC Classic:
I use this software every single day and I love it. I use this program to tether my laptop to my camera:
OTHER EQUIPMENT I RECOMMEND IN THIS VIDEO
- Super Speed USB 3.0 Active Extension Cable 16’: http://amzn.to/2CFk0zm
- Nikon Batteries: http://amzn.to/2CGodmi
- Flash Trigger: http://amzn.to/2onOph4
- 43” Diffuser Umbrella: http://amzn.to/2Fu3hlD
- 48” x 72” Inch Diffuser Large Square (Softbox Bowens speedring mount compatible): http://amzn.to/2oovOl7
- AC DC Light Strobe 600W with DC battery pack: http://amzn.to/2CIao6L
- Heavy Duty Light Stand 9’.6”: http://amzn.to/2FvguL6
- Two 32” Light Stand Mini: http://amzn.to/2BMrbci
- 10’ Light Stand Cross Bar: http://amzn.to/2BNVu27
- Set of 8 Sand Bags (Sand Not Included): http://amzn.to/2Fu6fq2
- Saw Horse Set of 2 http://amzn.to/2CjqMiB
- Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB Aluminum Tripod with SBH-100 Ball Head: http://amzn.to/2FuLxGH
- Offshore Heavy Duty Camera Ball head for tripod with slide locking feature: http://amzn.to/2GGg3g8
- Wacom Cintiq Monitor 27” (Monitor you can write on to edit): http://amzn.to/2ooSB0d
- Multisync Pa272w-Bk 27ins Colour Calibrated Monitor: http://amzn.to/2FrNMKM
- I1 Profiler to Colour Calibrate Monitors: http://amzn.to/2F1Dwv3
- Acrylic Sheets 3/8” x 48” x 60” (get them to cut to size)
- Canon XF300 Camera (The camera I used for this video): http://amzn.to/2FsD72y
- Sennheiser Wireless Lavalier (Mic Used to record this video): http://amzn.to/2GJd5Y7
ABOUT Jules Design:
Jules Design is a leading Toronto Product Photography company. With expertise in Social Media content creation, we produce photo, video, graphic & written material to market brands. Jules Design is a trusted Toronto Product Photographer group with the most active list of Fortune 500 Clients. Our services include: Product Photography, Food Photography, Bulk Product Shots, Executive Headshots, Video Creation, Graphic Design and other creative services.